Research & Development (R&D)
Application due: January 31, 2018
For over 130 years, Perstorp has worked to improve the daily lives of millions of people around the world with innovative chemistry. Today we have an annual turnover of 11 billion SEK and have 1,500 employees worldwide, in Asia, Europe and North America. Our specialty chemicals make everything from cars to computers, from sails to shoes, lighter, stronger and safer. Every aspect of our corporate culture is infused with our core values of focused innovation, reliability and responsibility.
Perstorp is looking for an Assistant Manager within R&D in Mumbai, India. The department comes under the framework of R&D-Innovation.
Main function is to work with development activities in the laboratory including customer and technical support to the business, participate in assigned projects with focus on development work on new matrices and products, utilizing needed and available techniques.
Job position tasks
• Perform and/or manage development activities based on set guidelines and business criteria.
• Support and contribute with competence and technical skills in business related activities like customer and technical support.
• To some extent plan and perform various application evaluation, synthesis in order to accomplish resource effective and economically viable method and technique development needed within the task scope.
• Keep updated with technological developments in the relevant fields and propose improvements.
• To some extent contribute to technical and methodological development of the department.
• Network actively within own organization and relevant parts of the rest of the company.
• Have some experience of working with ISO9000, documentation & internal quality audits, 5S way of working, EHSQ procedures.
• Participate in projects/Tasks as a project member according to established project procedures.
• In given frameworks perform chemical calculations and chemical recipes needed for the development work.
• To some extent independently handle, plan, solve problem and carry out tasks, from given problem descriptions.
• Evaluate results and prepare comprehensive reports including conclusions and proposals on the way forward when applicable.
• See to that all necessary work descriptions / risk analyses are made.
• Coach and supervise less experienced personnel.
• On-call duty may occur.
Basic academic education in chemistry corresponding to a M. Sc/ B. Tech (Paints, Polymers) or equivalent and at least 2-4 years of experience in coating segment in product and application development of paints/resins.
• Technical competence and skills in coating applications specific to automotive, Industrial and protective coatings. The candidate must be proficient in formulating and application part of automotive, G.I and protective coating systems. Some synthesis experience of different polymer materials preferred.
• Very good at good hands on work in laboratory environment, have good communication skills and supervision ability.
• Good knowledge in at least two application area e.g. Automotive/industrial coatings ,alkyds, polyesters.
• To some extent knowledge of Perstorp Products and/or processes.
• Ensure safety first, follow management system and relevant legislation and propose for working procedure improvements.
• Ensure effective and productive use of resources and deliver results in a quality assured way and in time.
• Work according to best practice for laboratory/upscaling & pilot work.
• Constantly strive to gain competence and deliver development tasks according to agreed plan.
• Secure efficient completion of projects/ tasks according to set project plans and objectives.
• Identify opportunities for innovative products, processes, applications and market possibilities within own area and report to management.
• Cooperate, communicate, share knowledge, train, educate and influence others inside the company.
• Plan and carry out scope of work according to agreed guidelines.
• Participate in project discussions.
• Participate in purchase of equipment and tools in area of competence.
For more information, please contact S.Ramakrishnan, Deputy General Manager, R&D Mumbai, phone +919930269972.
Please send your application no later than January 31st.