Application due: January 28, 2018
For over 130 years, Perstorp has worked to improve the daily lives of millions of people around the world with innovative chemistry. Today we have an annual turnover of 11 billion SEK and have 1,500 employees worldwide, in Asia, Europe and North America. Our specialty chemicals make everything from cars to computers, from sails to shoes, lighter, stronger and safer. Every aspect of our corporate culture is infused with our core values of focused innovation, reliability and responsibility.
Site Stenungsund is located on the Swedish west coast, 50 km north of Gothenburg. The plant was commissioned in 1980 and has been within the Perstorp Group since 2001. Main products are aldehydes, organic acids, alcohols, plasticizers and the renewable biofuel RME.
Do you like to keep your knowledge up to date for new technologies and do you like to be the “know how person”? Operational & Technology Excellence is a newly formed global department within the Operations function at Perstorp AB and we are now looking for a Specialist within Mechanical & Piping Engineering.
This is a great opportunity to join a global and dynamic team of Operational & Technology Excellence professionals. The department is responsible for setting the overall technology strategy for Perstorp. You will be part of forming the future direction of industrial excellence in the chemical industry, with a successful and exciting company such as Perstorp. We are focused on keeping our promises, doing right and making it better – every day!
As a Mechanical & Piping Specialist in Operational & Technology Excellence you will be globally responsible for providing know-how in the discipline of mechanical and piping engineering within Operations. The responsibility will primarily be in investment projects and you need to keep your knowledge up to date for new technologies. This position is placed in Stenungsund but due to the global responsibilities you need to be able to travel to our different production sites around the world. You will be part of a team consisting of project managers and engineers and you will report to the Team Manager of Project Management & Mechanical Engineering in Stenungsund.
To be successful in this position you like to collaborate with other people and you have strong interpersonal skills. You work in a structured way and you have a process-oriented mindset. In exchange, Perstorp offers you a prestigeless work environment that encourage personal growth.
• Lead for mechanical and piping engineering and design in technical investments and activities
• Provide guidance to project basic design and detail design engineering work
• Prepare and review engineering studies, design drawings (e.g. piping and pressure vessel design), documents and material and equipment specifications
• Prepare and review of calculations as well as investment/cost estimations
• Assist with coordination, update and mapping of current/future system needs for technical documentation and design
• Participate in technical sourcing activities with responsibility for technical evaluation
• Support M&A projects with technical evaluation
• M.Sc. within relevant discipline (e.g. mechanical and/or piping engineering)
• 10 years of experience in the process industry and an overall expertise in mechanical & piping technologies. At least 5 years should be in a position as a lead engineer/specialist
• Highly structured in documentation of performed technical activities/projects and excellent writing skills
• Thorough knowledge of engineering practices, economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes, standards, procedures and specifications
• Fluent in Swedish both spoken and written and with a good proficiency in English
Employer: Perstorp AB
Last application date: 28th of January 2018
Information and application
In this recruitment Perstorp is collaborating with Dfind Science & Engineering. For more information, please contact recruitment consultants Nadja Bergman, 072-9889828 or Karolina Zingmark, 076-1307544. Welcome to apply at www.dfind.se/science-engineering
Selection and interviews will start after the last application date.