Application due: January 28, 2018
For over 130 years, Perstorp has worked to improve the daily lives of millions of people around the world with innovative chemistry. Today we have an annual turnover of 11 billion SEK and have 1,500 employees worldwide, in Asia, Europe and North America. Our specialty chemicals make everything from cars to computers, from sails to shoes, lighter, stronger and safer. Every aspect of our corporate culture is infused with our core values of focused innovation, reliability and responsibility.
Site Stenungsund is located on the Swedish west coast, 50 km north of Gothenburg. The plant was commissioned in 1980 and has been within the Perstorp Group since 2001. Main products are aldehydes, organic acids, alcohols, plasticizers and the renewable biofuel RME.
Are you a natural leader that likes to motivate other people? Do you want to work in a big international company? Operational & Technology Excellence is a newly formed global department within the Operations function at Perstorp AB and we are now looking for a Team Manager.
This is a great opportunity to lead a dynamic team of Operational & Technology Excellence professionals. The department is responsible for setting the overall technology strategy for Perstorp. We are focused on keeping our promises, doing right and making it better – every day!
As Team Manager Project Management & Engineering in Operational & Technology Excellence you will manage a team of 20 highly competent engineers, engineering specialists and project managers within the field of Project Management and Engineering. The teams’ main tasks are to act as discipline leads or project managers in major and minor investment projects within the Perstorp group and to contribute to Perstorp’s development within project management. In the role as a team manager your focus is to lead the team with responsibility for budget, resources and competence planning as well as career development. You will report to the Director of Technology Hub in Stenungsund.
To be successful in this position you have excellent leadership and coaching skills. You like to motivate other people and you have strong interpersonal skills. You work in a structured way, are highly organized and you have a process-oriented mindset.
• Lead the team with responsibility for budget, resources and competence planning and career development
• Develop competence strategy plans to secure future staffing is at required knowledge and experience levels
• Monitor and ensure optimal workload for team members (securing healthy work-life balance)
• Recruitment of new personnel to the team, both consultants and Perstorp employees, to safeguard needed resources
• M.Sc. within relevant engineering area (e.g. chemical engineering, instrument, mechanical, electrical or similar)
• Previous experience in a leadership/team manager position
• Experience from a manufacturing company and investment projects within chemical industry or other process industry
• Deep know-how in resource planning
• Experienced in change management
• Fluent in Swedish both spoken and written and with a good proficiency in English
Employer: Perstorp AB
Last application date: 28th of January 2018
Information and application
In this recruitment Perstorp is collaborating with Dfind Science & Engineering. For more information, please contact recruitment consultants Nadja Bergman, 072-9889828 or Karolina Zingmark, 076-1307544. Welcome with your application at www.dfind.se/science-engineering.