Silage, hay and haylage are the main feeds for ruminants and horses. Silage is usually made from grass crops, including maize, sorghum or other cereals. It is a nutritious feed for livestock, because the process retains a large proportion of nutrients.
Properly ensiling feed, under the right conditions, preserves a high energy and protein content and inhibits unwanted microorganisms such as Clostridia and yeast. Our ProMyr™ silage additives help to ensure a good start to the ensiling process and to produce a storage stable feed.
Our silage additives improve your bottom line result by:
- Inhibiting the growth of undesired microorganisms and biochemical degradation
- Counteracting feed devaluation
- Reducing dry matter losses
- Improving the hygienic quality
- Giving a more palatable feed